Monday, March 1, 2010

Last week movies,

Last week, I decided to try some films I have heard about every now and then...

  1. The Lost Weekend, *****
    A long time ago, I heard about this film. It is one of those 1945, black and white, great photography and acting, films. The story, a semi-biographical narrative, is based on the 1944 novel of the same title by Charles Jackson. It tells the story of a five day weekend in the life of an alcoholic writer.

  2. She's the One, ****
    This is an Edward Burns film. I like Burns way of writing and directing, somehow you feel the city. Most of his stories have N.Y. and its islands as part of the cast, Burns takes you into the city, gives you a taste of it. Another thing I like about Burns' work is that it explores the feelings of those particular critical moments in men's life. Give this a try.

  3. The Soloist, ****
    Based on the true story of Mr. Ayers, a schizophrenic homeless talented musician in L.A., and Mr. Lopez, a L.A. Times columnist. This film summarizes the book of the same title written by Mr. Lopez. It caught my eye because two good actors are on this film: Robert Downey Jr. and Jamie Foxx; it lived up to my expectations.

  4. Up, ****
    I like Disney's films; the old ones. Truth be told, I enjoyed this film very much. It was a great mixture of hilarious surreal comedy with a lot of sentimental charge. An excellent essay on loyalty, love and living.

Again, there were no episodes for Big Bang Theory or Better off Ted this last week. So, this week I took a swing on:
  1. Andromeda: 1st Season, *****
    I was looking for a good sci-fi television series and I found Andromeda. There was a Galactic Commonwealth and it fell. Fortuitely, one of its top of the line battleships , the Andromeda, maned by just its Captain, Dyllon Hunt, was kept outside of time for 300 hundred years. They have come back into the timeflow and with a ragtag crew of 4, they will try to bring the commonwealth back. I cannot wait to watch the second season!


1 comment:

  1. Oye pues si escojes buenas movies! Deberias escoger una tu ahora a ver que tal! o le damos chance a las de futbol? jajaja... ;)

    ReplyDelete