Monday, March 15, 2010

Last week movies,

Last week, I went for one of Lyx choices, as every week, and two of mine. As always, Lyx's choice proved solid gold while mine, well, sucked big time...

  1. The Illusionist, *****
    In the begining I took it for something related to The Prestige, another of Lyx choices. It seems both came to the theatres almost at the same time. While The Prestige story lies heavily in magic and science fiction, The Illusionist plot lies heavily in cunning and illusion. I really enjoyed it. I think the experience was enhanced by the fact that I was expecting some kind of bullshit magic twist like the one in The Prestige, but it never came.

  2. Bridge to Terabithia, *
    Based on the novel with the same title, this Disney movie is just a Disney movie. While well done, there's nothing remarkable. By the way, I have read very good comments about the book.

  3. Blue Crush, *
    The good things about this film: The Hawaiian sea, Michelle Rodriguez, Kate Bosworth, and Sanoe Lake wearing short pants or swimsuits.

While there was a Big Bang Theory episode this week, I didn't manage to watch it, so I will have to catch a rerun. What I manage to get my hands on was...
  1. Andromeda: 2nd Season, ****
    I found the second season of Andromeda a little bit dissapointing; the universe keeps expanding and it seems quite clear how desperate the writters are to set a formidable foe for the dark one in the first season, at least I fealt it that way. I am currently watching the third season so I will keep you informed.


1 comment:

  1. Vida! qué bueno que te gustó la del Ilusionista :) La que me sorprende es la de Bridge to Terabithia, pensé que iba a tener más estrellas...jaja..

    Y Andromeda con todo y todo se llevo sus 4 estrellotas...jaja, esperemos que mejore la 3rd Season!

    Besos!

    ReplyDelete