Monday, March 8, 2010

Last week movies,

Last week, I went for the Edward Burns and drinking film combination, again, plus a great fiction film. These are the results...

  1. The Prestige, *****
    In the begining I took it for a drama and thought I've figured out the plot. Then, I was completely abashed. It happens that it is really a science fiction, magic film. A nice story, great twist, great actors and entertainers: Michael Caine, David Bowie, Hugh Jackman.

  2. Looking for Kitty, ****
    This is the Edward Burns' film of the week. It is a story that takes you to those places in New York where the little man stood up to the great developer and didn't sell his piece of land. Those nice old buildings at the foot of skyscrapers. Meanwhile, it takes you into different broken hearts and their ways of coping or not coping. Give this a try.

  3. Swingers, *
    I got the reference to this film from Sideways. The title made me hope for neo-swing, I got lucky as Big Bad Voodoo Daddy plays three songs here. I didn't like the film, truth be told, but it was fun to see Vince Vaughn, John Favreau, Ron Livingston, Alex Desert when they were young and thin. Also, there's Heather Graham. The thing that made me laugh the most was the scene stolen from Reservoir Dogs. That and BBVD made my day.

At last, Big Bang Theory is back on track with the 16th episode of the third season. The guys met Stan Lee, you can imagine that somehow they manage to fumble it all. Also I got my eyes on...
  1. 3rd. Rock from the Sun: 2nd Season, *****
    I found the first season great and wanted more, risking to hate the series in case it didn't live up to the first season. It does, still the episode names revolve around the name Dick and many funny things happen. I'm waiting to get my hands on the third season!


No comments:

Post a Comment