Monday, November 23, 2009

This week movies,

This week, I can recommend the following movies,
  1. Synecdoche, New York, *****
    I will not brag about understanding this movie. I think art is about something like this. I could not consume this film, the story, the photography. I have left it apart to watch it sometime in the future, although not soon.

  2. Surf's up, ****
    I like animation movies a lot. They are masterpieces of digital technique most of the time. This one is not a masterpiece, but it got me for the relax, you have to pursuit your dreams but you have to enjoy the ride, that is the ultimate source of accomplishment, not reaching the dream, feeling of it.

  3. Choke, ****
    Sometimes, I like bizarre stories with an extra go beyond the bizarre twist. This film got to my hands precisely at one of these times. The story of a con-man son to a psychotic woman, Anjelica Houston, and the struggle for love and drive.

  4. Cloverfield, ****
    This is a thriller. Great pace. Awesome storytelling. I am marveled by the storytelling. A scifi, a thriller, a love story. All packed in one and all not told in a straightforward manner. I really liked this film.

  5. Pineapple Express, ***
    Do you remember Cheech and Chong movies? Well, this is something quite similar. Prepare yourself for a weed comedy. Plus there is a lot of times when continuity is just not right, or something just don't match, or you can see a glance of the film crew. Just like in the old Cheech and Chong movies.

  6. 9, **
    As I was preparing to watch 9, my expectations grew. Surely, you can figure the result. I was disappointed. While this film is a masterpiece of animation with great storytelling, there's nothing else to it. At least I could not find it.
The eight episode of The Big Bang Theory third season is out there and it is great. Lennard, Raj and Howard go camping for the Leonids and have a not-consiously desired weed experience. Meanwhile, back at home, Sheldon has to overcome his driving issues in order to help Penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment