Monday, November 16, 2009

This week movies,

This week, I can recommend the following movies,
  1. Repo, The Genetic Opera, *****
    A self proclaimed Goth, but I would say Cyberpunk Rock Opera. Great music, great apocalyptic ideas, great costumes, the songs lyrics are not so great. If you liked Dr. Horrible, just watch this.

  2. Boy A, ****
    The tagline for this film is "Who decides who gets a second chance?". Thus explores the film through the story of a teenager who has been in jail serving a sentence for murder. What is a second chance, in the end?

  3. Iron Man, ****
    This is what Iron Man is about. Robert Downey Jr. at his best, is he acting? The best Marvel film shoot to day due to the great reinvention of the character. A possible reason behind this opinion is that I grew up reading X-Men and I know nothing about Iron Man.

  4. Be Kind Rewind, ***
    An enjoyable comedy with Jack Black, Danny Glover and Mia Farrow. An old man reluctant to change, his VHS rental business, an old demential lady, and two stupid men. One of them manages to erase all the tapes, then they start remaking the films. I wonder if Jack Black can do some other type of character.

  5. The Spiderwick Chronicles, ***
    If I were a 10 year old kid this could have got me sit through the movie pointing and yelling at the appearance of each of the aos sí and complain that there was a mixture of mythologies. Indeed, I was a weird child. In my defense, I had the normal dinosaur stage too.

  6. Planet B-Boy, ***
    A documentary on breakdancing revival around the world and what it seems the most important breakdance competition in the world. I'm surprised about the importance of dancing for the Japanese and Korean competitors. Great moves, I wish I could do at least one of them.

  7. Speed Racer, **
    The Wachowski brothers revisit the Japanese anime from the sixties "Manha Go". I grew up watching reruns in the early eighties, that is the reason for one star. It is a good reinvention of the old story, that is another start. As an exploration of new filming techniques it is an interesting proposal, but not of my liking.

  8. The Ruins, *
    Another scary movie that happens during spring break. A nice touch is the location, a Mayan Pyramid in the Yucatan peninsula. I will say no more as it is quite predictable.

The seventh episode of The Big Bang Theory third season is out there and it is great. Wanna talk about family discussions and spoiling your child? I really wonder where all the events on the Koothrappali - Wolowitz relation will lead.

1 comment:

  1. wow!!! ahora son 8. Nunca te voy a alcanzar :P

    ReplyDelete