Monday, January 2, 2012

Epiphany

I am lucky to have met Lyx and even luckier because she choose me to share her life. 

If there's something I have to be grateful and hopeful about in this end/begin of the year, it is having Lyx at my side. She is an angel carrying a message of love and optimism, she has the patience, perseverance, faith and heart of a saint that motivates, refreshes and keeps the light bright in my darkest hours. I am sure that for every time I have wanted to look at her with murder eyes, she has had at least ten reasons to murder me and walk free but she has never looked at me with something short of a smile. 

There are things I fear, becoming sclerotic is one of those, I have never being afraid of change and yet year by year, independent of the place or time, I have developed routines that allow me to isolate my feelings and thoughts. Lyx came, saw and conquer breaking these routines without knowing. It always brings me a smile to remember our first days together exchanging music and quotes from this or that band and book that I had never heard about. Later, when we had to live in different continents, she introduced our long distance movie weekends that have kept going on for the last two years with films that have made us laugh, cry and, most important, get closer and closer. 

She is a valiant woman, I admire her. When I couldn't go back to Mexico for Christmas in 2010 she traveled for the first time out of Mexico and U.S. and came all the way to Taiwan. I was dumb enough not to book my HSRT ticket with advance and got to the airport half an hour late, there she was, all smiles, not a speckle of anger on her. 

She's strong, steadfast and optimistic while I am weak, explosive and realistic and many times i wonder how we have found that fine balance that keeps us going without stepping on each other toes. Mostly it is because of her. She has a way to accept and moderate things, to get together ends that sometimes seems opposite to each other. 

I guess she has to suffer my non-optimistic view of the world, always trying to be prepared for this or that while, at the same time, tying to get the most out of the present because you never know what will happen in a few hours. And I say I guess, because she has never complained while it seems like I am the opposite. 

She has become my love and my life and I am thankful to God for putting me in her way and made her look my way. I am lucky and thankful to be at the side of this strong, brilliant and hard working woman that has no peer to be compared to and has to suffer this fool more often than every now and then.  

Thank you God and gracias vida for your love.

1 comment: