Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Last weekend movies...

It seems like this weekend I will manage to write about last weekend and this weekend movies for the first time...

  1. Forbidden Planet, *****
    Before star wars arrived from a galaxy far far away and Captain Kirk commanded the Enterprise, Leslie Nielsen was not a comedian but a hunk and took part in one of the best science fiction movies ever! Faithful to my tradition, I will not tell more than you should sit down and order this film immediatly!

  2. The Road, ****
    Lately, I haven't been in the mood for stressing films. Hence, this good piece of apocalyptic storytelling sat unwatched for more than 2 months in my desktop. The story is plain simple, a man and his son trying to survive just after an event that brought demise to most of the human population of the U.S.A. and, possibly, the world. While they walk the road to the shore and south looking for more of the "good guys," they walk the road of life. Good photography, good storytelling, it flows.
  3. The King's Speech, *****
    The story of the abdication of Edward the VIII and the ascension of  King George VI to the throne of the U.K. told from the angle of his stuttering. The film is well done, the characterization is remarkable, the character development is very good and the storytelling is relaxed and flows extremely well. This one was also sitting in my desktop for long because I thought it will be boring. It is not! You must see it.

  4. Sucker Punch, *
    I was really expecting this movie. I had great hopes on it. Actually, the first star is because I really loved the alternate steam-punk-fantasy-gothic setting where the character lives while performing. The idea of the story is great but, somehow, I felt it ragged and patched together. Magic realism is usually a great thing. Here, there were too many great things to tell and they were not told in the best way, in my opinion.

  5. Salvando al Soldado Perez,
    No, I didn't forget to put a star. If I could, I would ask for the two hours of my life that this movie took. I will be honest, I laughed in some scenes; specially the first "TOMATES!" But the movie is bad, bad choice of characters as things go in Mexico, bad script. I really hope that they were aiming to make something ridiculously bad, because they made it.
This week, "The Big Bang Theory" was as it best with Pria helping Leonard drive Sheldon to the edge with the roommate's agreement and the first kiss of the geek couple!

I managed to catch up with the last three episodes of Glee! and finished watching the third season of Castle. Both are still good and entertaining. I really hope there will be a fourth season of Castle, because it ended with a nice crossroad.

1 comment:

  1. Vida! jajaja traté de advertirte sobre Salvando al Soldado Pérez. Al menos te hizo reir en algunas escenas, a mi en niguna jajaja!!! Me esperaba algo mucho mucho mejor! Ni que salga Jaime Camil merece que le ponga una estrellita jajaja...

    The King's Speech! yo le doy la 6ta estrellita :D

    :*:*:*

    ReplyDelete