Friday, May 20, 2011

2. Dreams...

The door welcomed me in silence and stubbornness. Time warped by each blink of my sleepy eyes... hallway... darkness... staircase... darkness... hallway... darkness... lonely bed... darkness... fast approaching pillow... darkness... 03:14 in square red numerals... darkness.

*bleep bleep* 

Repetition of an every day's routine made an automata out of me. Morning came, I was a mere mechanical imitation of a human being, the incarnation of the "instant human, just add coffee" meme.

Turn off the alarm clock... check. Get naked and grab a towel... check. Walk to the bathroom to have a shower... in progress.

The bathroom's door was friendlier than the apartment's door; it received me with a warm mist and the calming sound of flowing water. "That's how a morning is started," I thought while getting into the shower. 

"Ayip, Birtanem!" She said with the most wonderful and radiant smile upon her face. It was contagious! I couldn't help but grin. "That's really how a morning is started!" I said to myself again. 

"Günaidin askim," I said while staring at her, taking delight on her wavy reddish brown colored hair, amber eyes, pale skin and red lips. We kissed. 

"All is well that ends well," I thought, the grin still on my face. She left, to get the morning choirs started. Sleepy, I put myself into taking a shower, with the feeling that I was missing something. I dismissed the feeling; I have never had a good memory, anyway.

I came to the hallway in my usual polo and denims. Before I took five steps,  the most primitive, dangerous and adorable beast leapt upon me, slowly climbing from leg to waist, from waist to back, and finally settling down on his regal throne: my shoulders. "Tsao Papa!"

"Elijah, you are gonna break your Papa; he's not young anymore!" Said Lale. We laughed.

*bleep bleep*

No comments:

Post a Comment