Sunday, April 17, 2011

Last weekend movies...

It seems like this weekend I will manage to write about last weekend and this weekend movies for the first time...

  1. Moon, *****
    An awesome movie! I was surprised about the much that good acting, and just a few of actors, can do when I first watched Solaris and now the feeling comes back to me again. Sam Rockwell does a great job portraying the engineer in the moon and Kevin Spacey voice work is good. As always with the good films I will keep this without spoilers. A must watch! Go, fetch your copy now!

  2. Tropa de Elite 2, ****
    The second film following BOPE, the elite troop squad of Rio de Janeiro military police. It is a fiction work portraying the violent reality and mob dynamics of Rio. It is an action packed film with a lot of socio-political discourse located in different layers. I would love to see an equivalent Mexican film but, wait, it most probably will be stopped by the corrupt politicians and officials in our tricolor Banana Republic.

  3. The Messenger, **
    War, loses, KIA, and the messenger delivering the bad news. I wish I could say something objective, but a very different war is ravaging my home state and I really cannot find a way to put into words the fear that something can happen to one of the family...

  4. Little Fockers, **
    The adventures of psychologically castrated Gaylord Focker and his father in law keep going on as the extended Focker family deals with cheating and infidelity.

  5. Gulliver's Travels, **
    A modern time retelling of the classic with the same name written by Jonathan Swift centered in Lilliput only and with the romantic comedy twist. When will the movies about lucky losers without attitude/brains/charisma will stop?

  6. Megamind, ****
    It seems like redemption season has not finished yet. Good but not great animation.

  7. Black Dynamite, **
    This is a parody, I hope, of those 70s b list films and tv series on black empowerment. It is great to see extras change in a take, different cars being burned, and all those glitches that made those old films funny. Awesome cheesy/pimpy lines and nunchakus too.
This week, there was no episode of "The Big Bang Theory" neither of Glee! but I managed to catch up with the third season of Castle. It is still a good entertaining tv series, a must see.

No comments:

Post a Comment