Saturday, April 9, 2011

Last weekend movies...

Two of them were chosen by lovely Lyx and one by me. Of course, my choose was the teen movie...

  1. Inception, *****
    Truth be told, I have become a fan of Christopher Nolan almost as much as I am a fan of Darren Aronofsky. Inception is beautifully piece of art; it's story, storytelling, photography and visual effects are as close to perfection as you can get. All of the actors make a good job portraying their characters. And, the best thing of them all, I never knew what was coming next. As you, my two readers, know, that is what wins my confidence vote. A must see!

  2. Easy A, ****
    When I choose this film, I was expecting just another teen movie. One when I could just sit down, turn my brain off and relax. Do not jump to conclusions too fast, this is a no-brainer. But the story does not suck big time, the story telling is quite fluid and fresh and the actors manage to do their job. I was won when I realized the title was a reference to "The Scarlet Letter" of Nathaniel Hawthorne which still sits half read in my bookcase. It was great to see footage and good references to the 1926 film and not so good reference to the 1995 film, where the great Gary Oldman and Robert Duvall acted. If you have nothing to do and want to laugh a good time, this is your film.

  3. It's Complicated, ***
    I cannot say that I wanted to watch this film. I really did not have a clue about what it was about. Moreover, I was starting to be afraid of the existence of a new kind of movie genre: the grown-up movie; that is a teen movie, but with grown up characters in the range from 40s to 70s instead of teens; the ones with characters in their 20s to 30s are called romantic comedies. And it is confirmed, this is everything a teen movie is but played with characters in their 60s. Anyway, the movie is good and a good laugh too.
I sat down and watched the latest episode of "The Big Bang Theory"; that is, episode 20 of season 4. It was back to see useless nerd saved by farm girl penny but yet not even close to being one of the best ones. So far this season was getting closer to the super funny first season and took a dump with this last episode.

I have also managed to finish the first two seasons of the animated series "Star Wars: The Clone Wars." I think I am starting to become a fan of animated films and television series. The Clone Wars fills in the gaps in between the second and third episodes of the Star Wars saga. This particular 3D CGI tv series is made in Singapore! Somewhere in this beautiful city, someone is animating Anakin Skywalker and all the Jedi council and making them wage war!

1 comment:

  1. Inceptionnn!No se por qué algunos le decían deception, jajaja. Pero está algo difícil que no sepas que sigue en una movie vida! :O por eso, le damos una estrellita más :D jajaja
    :*:*:*

    ReplyDelete