Thursday, February 3, 2011

Last weekend movies...

It has been almost two months without movies. Life started moving fast and then slow, as always. With Lyx visiting, we found time to watch some movies and read a couple of books, but there was no time for the blog. I'm pretty sure I have a list of the movies I watched during these seven past weekends, but right now I remember two:

  1. Black Swan, *****
    Darren Aronofsky is a great director. I have always found the movies he has directed a source of entertainment, awe, despair and time to come to a complete halt, focus my attention, and think what the hell is happening in the screen; and not just actions, but feelings and ideas too.

  2. How to train your Dragon, *****
    I have always loved good animations. It is hard to find one that really keeps my attention due to details, technology used, script and storytelling. How to train your dragon is one of those few that have managed to keep me on my chair. The sky, the water, the fire! I cannot believe how advanced computer generated animation is! The movie seems to be very loosely based on the children's novel saga written by Cressida Cowell, which seem to be very entertaining on its own.
On the tv-series side... Lyx found out about No Ordinary Family and I have been following the first season from episode one to thirteen, it is a superhero series with a little bit of this and that. Not so great, not bad. I also managed to catch up with Big Bang Theory season four episodes nine to thirteen. For the Lunar New Year, I'm trying to catch on with Glee and the Walking Dead, wish me luck!Link

1 comment:

  1. Vida! Te falto ponerte al corriente con the Walking Dead. Y de las que recuerdo haber visto esta Ninja Assasin, The informant, y Bad Lieutenant no? :D

    ReplyDelete