Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Last weekend movies...

Last weekend I took a long plane trip, so I ended up watching some movies. They were all remakes and follow ups. Nothing really great...

  1. The Karate Kid, **
    A remake of the 1984's film: The Karate Kid. Which, by the way, is based on a short story called "現代 ゲーム" (Sometimes the Heart of a Turtle) written by Kenzaburo Oe, a Japanese winner of the 1994 Nobel Prize in Literature. His Nobel Lecture is quite interesting. Curiously, Professor Oe was a lecturer at Colegio de México, the top academic institution in Mexico. Anyway, coming back to the film. The good thing: Jackie Chan!

  2. The A-Team, **
    A remake of the 1980's tv-series "The A-Team". Squash, Boom, Bang! I have no more to tell about this. Oh, sort of, the good thing: Liam Neeson.

  3. Predators, *
    Last time I watched a movie about Predators, I went to sleep during the first sequence and woke up during the last sequence. I will tell no more than this: I watched this film because Adrien Brody was in the cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment