Monday, December 19, 2011

Last weekend movies...

Although Lyx spend most of the weekend at the shelter helping with the Christmas party for the kids, we manage to squeeze some movie time...
  1. The Colour of Magic, *****
    I thought that whenever they decided to launch a Discworld movie I will be disappointed. The point is that I have read 37 of the 39 Discworld novels in the last 15 years and I always wanted to see a movie about it. Well, I couldn't be more wrong! It is awesome! Go for it! It is actually both the colour of magic and the light fantastic.

  2. The Myth, *
    I have to be honest, the star is all Jackie Chan. The story could be great were not continuity lapses like seeing the hills from the Korean border from an Indian border temple and such. As always, the stunts are awesome, but that's it. I got disappointed.  
Uhm, some series have gone into end of year hiatus...
  1. Terra Nova, ****
    I'm really liking the twist of events. Although the characters are starting to become cartoonish due to the extreme polarization, the possibilities for the story arising from Lucas and his work on the wormhole are actually limitless; I just hope this doesn't end in a Stargate Atlantis with dinosaurs.

  2. Hawaii five-o S02 E02-12, ***
    I spend most of my before-bed time catching up with this series and I'm glad I did. It is still very bland in the procedural thing but the story is unfolding nicely. Now, everybody seems to be more than meets the eye.

  3. Castle, (hiatus)

  4. Last Man Standing S01 E11, ***
    Love, work and responsibilities comes to the family, each one to different girls. Of course, a mess ensues with outdoor man in the middle of it. It still keeps me laughing most of the time.

  5. Big Bang Theory, (hiatus)

  6. Psych S06 E09, **
    Brandon from Beverly Hills 90210 is the guest 90s star this week. The story unfolds during a romantic weekend with Shawn and Jules, con and murder included.

No comments:

Post a Comment