Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Last weekend movies...

I think I should change the title of this a-periodic post to last month movies or something like that but, for the sake of nostalgia, I will keep the weekend on it as far as possible...

  1. Ishquiya, *****
    It may be cultural and I could be misunderstanding everything but this is a terrific hilarious comedy. I don't know if the guys tried to make a drama or a romance, but the result was one of my favourite things: a senseless mash-up of action-comedy-drama-romance. 

  2. Vicky Cristina Barcelona, *****
    What is love? But above all, what is content? Archetypical monochromatic, but lively, characters picturing each of the many facets in the human mind. Nice dialogues filled with verbal crutches that make them feel natural. Awesome photography, some of the stills almost look as paintings. 

  3. Limitless, ****
    The mind, the incredible mind. Sometimes it takes a pill to unravel it, this is a film about it. This thriller takes a few interesting turns that kept me interested. 

  4. Across the Universe, ****
    It's the Beatles. It's the 60's. It's America. It's hippies and Vietnam. What better way to tell the love story of Jude, a simple British guy. A romantic musical, quite good, actually a must see! 

  5. A History of Violence, ***
    What happens when you lived a life of violence and you decide to leave it. Does family or anything at all matters? Well, this was a graphic novel first and I think it is way better than the movie. The film is just okay, it has a very nice pace and deals with the basic ideas behind the novel's plot.

  6. Pirates of the Caribbean on Strange Tides, ***
    The fourth release of the Pirates of the Caribbean saga. Sounds like boring, ain't it? Well, it is not! Captain Jack Sparrow is still playing the good old tricks. 

  7. Fast Five, ***
    If a fourth sounds boring, a fifth should sound like a terrible thing but no! Action packed, explosions, chases, fast cars and... Diesel and The Rock! I have always wanted to see a fist fight between these two and my wish came true!

  8. Leap Year, ***
    Astonishing red headed girl goes to Ireland to propose to his boring square main streamed boyfriend taking advantage of it being a leap year. Of course, many things happen in the way. It is a nice romantic comedy, and the girl is pretty. 

  9. No Strings Attached, ***
    Natalie Portman, do I have to say more? If that's not enough for you let me tell you this is a nice romantic comedy about a girl who wants just a physical relationship and freaks out when the guy wants to go for the whole enchilada.

During these interesting times, I have tried to keep my mind un-winded. We started watching Supernatural at home with Daniel and became addicted to the series. So far, we have watched the first and almost all the second season and they are good. I finally got my hands on the second, and last, season of Rodney which delivered a ton of laughs. I wonder why they cancelled it. Anyway, new season starts soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment