Friday, November 5, 2010

Last weekend movies...

I have been out on vacations for some good six weeks. While I was focused on sitting at home enjoying time with my family, I also tried traveling a little bit to visit friends. Anyway, I managed to watch some films...

  1. Despicable me, ****
    I watched this animation on the plane back to work. It is a funny story of anti-heroes, which I really like, most of the time, family and somehow that evasive thing that is redemption without repentance.

  2. Los Perdedores, ***
    These is a film based on a tytle by DC's Vertigo comics, The Losers. This film tells a renewed story of five fucked-up-by-a-rogue-CIA-agent special-ops agents trying to find their way back home. I knew nothing about any of the actors before watching this movie. It's a good no-brainer to cool off and kill the day. It is also a film of anti-heroes and , somehow, redemption without repentance.

  3. The Expendables, ***
    I like movies where you do not have to think at all. This is one of those. You just sit down and start wondering how the body count will end. It was awesome to see all the action heroes of my childhood together in a film. I have heard there'll be a second part and I hope they can get some of the ones that were missing; e.g. van Dame, Seagal, and Chan.

  4. Ip Man: The legend is born, **
  5. Ip Man, ***
  6. Ip Man 2, **
    When I was living in Taiwan, These three films were all over the movie theaters. at last, I managed to watch them on the plane back to work. They are Taiwanese productions, I think, that give a fantasious semi-biographical portrait of Grand Master Ip Man, the man behind the worldwide spreading of wing chun martial art and teacher of Bruce Lee. I liked the films; they are good martial art films. I have to tell that I have admired wing chung kung fu for the last 10 years and would like to learn it.

  7. The Wolfman, **
    First of all, Anthony Hopkins and Benicio del Toro are the reason for the stars. The realization of this story on lycanthropy is somewhat dull and boring. I was hoping for a dramatic Victorian tale, full of the subtle horrors characteristic of Victorian drama, but found a rather really bad composed love drama.

  8. Jonah Hex, *
    Based on the DC comics western comic sharing the same title, Jonah Hex. This film tells a renewed beginning for DC's western cowboy anti-hero. While I will not complain about the film, John Malkovich plays the evil mastermind role and über-hottie Megan Fox plays the über-hottie anti-hero's love, it is better to save it for one of those really boring rainy days when all the good books and movies at home have been read and watched.
And those were the films we watched these last six weeks of home, enchiladas and carne asada. Have a great weekend and an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment