Monday, February 22, 2010

This week movies,

Back on a weekly schedule, these are the films I watched last week. As you can see, after a week of not so good films, I decided to go for good old films

  1. The Ninth Gate, ****
    A few weeks ago I commented about how this film from Roman Polanski, based on the Dumas Club by Perez Reverte and featuring Jhonny Depp , shows quite a love for books. It also shows quite a fascination with the occult. I decided to watch it again as it has been almost 10 years since the first time I watched it. It keeps delivering, you should watch it.

  2. Copying Beethoven, ****
    While this is not based on any biography of Beethoven, it is an interesting work of fiction and exploration of human kind. It has an awesome photography and musical score, of course most of it is Beethoven's. Ed Harris acting is just great.

  3. Sideways, ****
    While the best way to study human society is science fiction, romantic comedy is the best format to study the human self. This film deals with middle age, the search for the self, in a road trip centred on wines.

There were no episodes for Big Bang Theory or Better off Ted this last week. So, this week I took a chance to watch:
  1. The Jetsons: 1st Season, *****
    I got my hands in the first 24 episodes from 1962. When George is promoted to the vice-presidency and fired and hired again all in the same episode. When Astro and Rosey were not a common occurrence in the show and Orbitty was not even there yet. Awesome science fiction series.

  2. Third Rock from the Sun: 1st Season, *****
    I watched a few episodes of this series in the past, but never a full season. I am really surprised at the quality of the acting, the satirical exploration of the political landscape of the United States and the ethos of the human being. A must watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment