Sunday, October 25, 2009

This week movies,

This week, I can recommend the following movies,


  1. The Visitor. *****
    A college professor with no drive for life goes to New York to lecture about an article he did not wrote and finds himself a life and drive. A combined story about immigration in America and coping with losses and life as an adult.

  2. The Reader. *****
    When it comes to WWII crimes, Justice, what is justice about? Retribution? Vengeance? Circus? What is our role before, during and after such events? Is it the work of a few men or the whole of society?

  3. Milk. ****
    A documentary on the life of Harvey Milk, gay rights advocate in the Sn Francisco area in the 70's. Plus Diego Luna playing the Mexican drama queen, yes that's the fourth star.

  4. Defiance. ***
    Modern era WWII movies are not just my kind of movies but this I didn't suffer. Based in a true story, Defiance presents the first year, out of four, in the woods of the Bielsky Otriad. The touch of Germans speaking German, Bielorussians speaking Russian is good enough to add an star. The photography is nice and some of the dialogues are witty.

  5. Mamma Mia. *
    I like ABBA songs and I could not believe my eyes when I saw Meryl Streep, Stellan SkarsgÄrd and Pierce Brosnan there; truth be told I could believe about Brosnan.

The fifth episode of The Big Bang Theory third season is out there and it is good. I thought the guys at Chuck Lorre could not get better than Sheldon and Raj solving a physics problem, but they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment