Monday, March 5, 2012

Last weekend movies (10th week 2012)...


In order to try to keep a schedule, I'm scheduling this post about the movies I have managed to see so far in the week...
  1. The Sunset Limited, *****
    This is a jewel, not many single location films are good and this one is great. Two men confronting their beliefs after one of them attempted suicide (played by Tommy Lee Jones) and the other stopped it (portrayed by Samuel L. Jackson). Great dialogues.

  2. Take Shelter, ****
    The onset of paranoid schizophrenia and its repercussions in the life of a simple man are sensitively portrayed in this film. I didn't like the ending of the film because I'm not sure if it is another delusion which makes the film and awesome take on a real problem, or a occurrence in the life of the family portrayed which makes the film some prophetical apocalyptic bullshit.

  3. Dawn of the Dead, ****
    The second of Romero's Living Dead Trilogy. It has been ages without watching this one and it still rocks my spare time and I still believe that the music is seriously fucked up sometimes, but it's part of the package.

  4. Dawn of the Dead, ****
    Remakes are usually not better than the originals but this one rocks! I don't know why I missed this when it came out eight years ago. 
Well, that's it for today. Wish me a nice trip, I'll try to post some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment