Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Last weekend movies...

Again, it has been a long time and a lot of water has passed under the bridge. Anyway, here's the list for th last three or four weeks...

  1. The Experiment, ****
    The human mind is a magnificent thing; capable of heavenly and hellish behaviour. The film is based on the German long Das Experiment, which is based on the infamous Stanford Prison Experiment; which seems to explore the dynamics of evil in the human mind, bullshit, not even a well designed experiment, but in the end the 2006 BBC Prison Experiment seems to be better designed and ended up with tyranny as well. 

  2. My girlfriend's boyfriend, ****
    I love romantic comedies, specially the ones that I cannot figure out. A writer gets to write a romance that becomes your movie. Not so great a film, but it got me out of my tracks.

  3. Sweet Home Alabama, ****
    A classic. I have no idea how many times I have watch this film in the last 10 years but I will watch it again. Second chances come but usually never stay long.

  4. Kites, ****
    Indian and Mexicans together in this romantic comedy, I'm not sure if this is a Bollywood or Hollywood film but it is awesome. The many twists in the film got me out of my tracks and kept me thinking about what could come next again and again.

  5. X-Men First Class, ***
    There have been a lot of comic movies this year. I'm an X-men fan, I learned English reading the comics in my childhood and teen years. I liked the way the tell the story between Prof. X and Magneto, but I didn't like the proxy mutants they used in this one. Anyway, it is a great addition to the X-Men franchise.

  6. Priest, **
    Apocalyptic scenario, vampires and warrior monks! The idea sounded awesome and the action scenes are nice. I really liked it, I wish I can get my hands on the original Korean graphic novel that inspired the film, Priest

Also, I manage to get my hands on the third season of  "The Venture Bros," I didn't like it as much as the first two, but I have to say that they changed the dynamics of the cartoon. I'm not sure if I will try to get the fourth season at all. Trying to loose a lot of pressure, I still don't have a clue why I've become such a nerves mess, I came back to watching Psych. I had watched the first two seasons a few years ago and had a lot of laughs with them, so I saw the third and fourth seasons and got them. It's not as good as the first two, but still manages to get some laughs out of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment